The Process at Platinum Painting for Fort Worth and Dallas
Let’s get started!
Before we begin transforming your home, a few preparation steps need to take place. Platinum Painting promises to treat your house as if it was our own, and we’ve outlined a few things that we will do prior to beginning your project. Additionally, there are a few simple things that we need from you. We’ve outlined these below for your convenience.
Preparing Your Interior
- Remove your paintings or pictures from your walls. While we would never paint over these precious items, we may end up misplacing them!
- Collect any knickknacks along your tables, mantels, etc.
- Please remove everything in your closet if we are painting there as well.
- Make sure your pets are secured during the project process.
- Take down any child or pet gates before our team arrives.
How We Will Prepare the Interior
- Move all furniture
- Remove and reinstall all drapery
- Place drop cloths
- Remove and re-place all switch and outlet plates
- Perform general repairs (taping, replace sheetrock, sanding)
- Texturize when requested
- Fill all nail holes and cracks
- Caulk any cracks along the doorjambs, baseboards, and ceiling crowns
- Scuff, sand, and clean all wood before painting
- Wallpaper removal
- Please turn off all sprinklers during your project time. Not only can water affect a perfectly good paint job, our team doesn’t want to be surprised with a douse of water!
- Remove any outer wall hangings and plants
- Please secure all pets
How We Will Prepare the Exterior
- Powerwash the entire house to remove all sand, dirt, mildew, and more
- Handscrape to remove loose paint
- Prime wood to help it accept the new paint
- Caulk and glaze windows and entrances, including major wood joints to reduce air flow to help you save on your air conditioning bill!